Dawn Bjork Buzbee
The Software Pro®
Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
Certified Microsoft Office 2010 Specialist (MOS 2010) Master Instructor
Certified Microsoft Office 2007 Specialist (MOS 2007) Master Instructor
Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS) Instructor
Certified Microsoft Office Expert
Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE)
WOSB (Women-Owned Small Business) Certified
>>Back to Articles Home
Become more productive with your iPad or iPhone with these quick and
easy tips and tricks:
- To change the impersonal default iPad signature which reads "Sent from
my iPad" to a more personal signature, pick Settings > Mail, Contacts,
Calendars > Signature. These same steps will change your iPhone
- To quickly scroll to the top of an iPad or iPhone page, tap the status
bar (the thin black bar at the top of the screen with the current time).
- Double tap the Home button on your iPad or iPhone to display the
multitasking bar at the bottom to show the most recently opened apps.
- Want to add more personality to your messages? Just add emoticons (such
as smileys). From
your iPad or iPhone, pick Settings > General > Keyboard > International
Keyboards (Keyboard on the iPhone) > Add New Keyboard… > choose Emoji.
Once you have installed the emoticon keyboard, just access it from your
keyboard with the globe icon.
- To open the iPad or iPhone Notification Center with updates (such as
e-mail and social media) slide your finger down from the status bar (the
thin black bar at the top of the screen).
- To quickly change brightness on your iPad, double tap the Home button
and then swipe to the right for the brightness control.
- Tapping & holding the .com button on your iPad or iPhone keyboard brings
up other search options including .org and .net.
- In the Safari browser on iPad, you can save images-just tap & hold the
image to see launch a pop-up for Save Image.
- When browsing in Safari on an iPad or iPhone, double tap on a page to
zoom in; repeat to zoom out.
- For easy numeric and punctuation on an iPad or iPhone, tap & hold the
.?123 button (123 button on iPhone) and then drag over to the character
you want. No need to manually switch back to the alphabetical characters
with this trick.
- To quickly type a period on iPad or iPhone, just tap the space bar
- To add an apostrophe from the iPad keyboard tap & hold the ! key
and then slide up; hold and slide up the ? key for a single quote
© Dawn Bjork Buzbee, MCT, The Software Pro®
Dawn Bjork Buzbee
is The Software Pro®
and a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) as well as a certified Microsoft Office
Specialist (MOS) Master Instructor, certified Microsoft Applications Specialist
(MCAS) Instructor, and a certified Microsoft Office expert. Dawn shares smart
and easy ways to effectively use software through her work as a software
speaker, trainer, consultant, and author of 8 books.
This article and
more can be reprinted at no charge in your publications and website with
copyright and attribution.
more about how easy it is to share these valuable tips, tricks, and techniques.
More Microsoft PowerPoint Tips, Tricks & Handouts Too!
More Smart & Easy Software Tips, Tricks &
Techniques for You
<<Back to Articles
Double tap the Home button on your
iPad or iPhone to display the multitasking bar at the bottom to show
the most recently opened apps.
|You can easily add
emoticons to your keyboard. Check out Tip #4 to the left for the